For this assignment, consider the role, responsibility, and perspective of the criminal justice administrator (i.e., police chief or sheriff) in your municipality. You are tasked with identifying the plan and budget for the agency that accounts for threats of domestic terrorism.
To accomplish this, you will need to research your local (i.e., city, county, or state) law enforcement agency and the applicable fusion center to determine the connection that exists between budget allocation and the threat of terrorism. Use this information to analyze the threats that your agency plans and prepares for, and determine how training and response to these threats are budgeted. Most law enforcement agency budgets and fusion center budgets are public record and are easily obtained online; however, you may need to do some deeper research to obtain all of the information needed for this assignment.
Your case study should address the items below.
1) Identify your location and the law enforcement agency that you selected.
2) Discuss the terrorist or homeland security threats that apply to your area and how they are specifically addressed through department policy, procedures, and training.
3) Examine the role of the law enforcement administrator or leader (e.g., sheriff, police chief) in protecting the community from a terrorist incident. Address his or her potential concerns regarding the safety of the community and his or her officers in a terrorist incident.
4) Identify the external resources (fusion center resources and others) that could be tapped by law enforcement leadership in the event of a terrorist incident.
5) Determine how terrorist incident response, preparation, and training are budgeted. Are these items specifically allocated, or do they fall under the general category line items such as overtime and training? What other factors must an administrator consider when creating the fiscal budget that could possibly interfere with terrorism budget allocation?
6) Finally, take into consideration everything you have learned in this course about the role and responsibilities of a criminal justice administrator, the value of community policing, and the importance of the agency leadership having a positive influence on personnel and policy. With this in mind, propose two changes to the current way in which the threat of terrorism is handled and budgeted for in your local agency. Support your recommendations with a strong argument and evidence.
Your case study must be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. A minimum of at least three peer-reviewed, scholarly articles will be used and must be properly cited. The case study, including all references, should be formatted in APA Style.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more