Book Review Instructions
For this assignment, you will write a 5-page book review in current APA format that focuses on the required course textbook, Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning. You must summarize the premise of the book, take a stance for or against the key points made, and discuss implications for the field of education. The paper must include at least 4 references to the assignment textbook in addition to the Bible.
Please use the following format in preparing your book review:
1. Summary. Summarize what you have read, boiling the book down into 500 words. Prove you comprehend the readings by writing a no-nonsense summary. The abstract is not a commentary or listing of topics but rather an objective summary from the reader’s viewpoint. Summary here means “clear and concise”. This section should include a minimum of 2 APA citations to the text being reviewed.
2. Concrete Response. In no less than 300 words, relate a personal life experience that this book triggered in your memory. Relate your story in first person, describing action, and quoting exact words you remember hearing or saying. In the teaching style of Jesus, this is a do-it-yourself parable, case study, and/or confession. You will remember almost nothing you have read unless you make this critical, personal connection.
3. Reflection. This is the critical thinking part of the review. In no less than 300 words, describe what questions pop-up for you in response to what you have read. Keep a rough-note sheet at hand as you read. Outsmart the author by asking better questions than he/she raised in the book. Tell how the author could have made the book better or more appealing to those in your field of service. One way to begin this section is by stating what bothered you most about the book. This is not a place to provide an endorsement or affirmation of the book. This section should include a minimum of 2 APA citations to the text being reviewed.
4. Action. In 500 words provide 2 actions that describe what changes you are going to do or how the book’s ideas/concepts will be applied in your professional life as a result of your reading. Actions should be measurable and reveal a commitment to specific time, specific people, and identified steps.
5. Please provide an APA style title page, citations, and reference page. These do not count towards the 5-page minimum requirement.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more