1. Consider the purchase of a text book at a book store. Describe the various stages in the supply chain for that book and list the different flows involved.
2. Consider the supply chain involved when a customer orders a book from Amazon. Identify the push/pull boundary and two processes each in the push and pull phases.( Chapter 1, discussion question 5 )
3. Give arguments to support the statement that Walmart has achieved good strategic fit between its competitive and supply chain strategies. What challenges does it face as it works to open smaller format stores in urban environments? ( Chapter 2, discussion question 6 )
4. Discuss how the following three types of business would differ in terms of customer expectations (competitive priorities) regarding response time, variety of products, service and price: (1) convenience store such as 7-Eleven; (2) a supermarket chain such as Wegmans; and (3) a discount retailer such as Costco.
5. What are some industries in which products have proliferated and life cycles have shortened? How have the supply chains in these industries adapted? (Chapter 3, discussion question 7 )
6. What differences in the retail environment may justify the fact that the fast-moving consumer goods supply chain in India has far more distributors than it has in the United States? (Chapter 4, discussion question 1 )
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more