Criminal Justice Assignment 1: Procedural Law and the Bill of Rightswk4 The Bill of Rights finds its roots in documents such as the British Magna Carta of 1215 AD. It was one of the first documents that provided the common man independence from a monarch. It did imply that the federal government’s law dominated all others; however, it gave each state control of any laws outside of those reserved to the federal government. The Bill of Rights acts as a blueprint that every individual state uses to protect the rights of individual citizens. In this assignment, you will utilize the various concepts found in the Bill of Rights to provide the foundation of the various sections of the assignment. Write a 4- to 6-page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast two of the sources of the rights and fundamental principles found in the United States’ legal system as outlined by the text.
2. Critically analyze and discuss three steps of the criminal justice process from arrest to imprisonment.
3. Identify and discuss the particular amendment related to arrest, search, and seizures.
4. Compare and contrast the concepts of probable cause and reasonable suspicion. In your own words, explain how they are similar or different.
5. Examine and discuss the two examples in which the exclusionary rule may not apply.
6. Identify and discuss one contemporary issue or case law related to the use of force from within the last three years.
7. Use at least four quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
. Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
. Research and analyze procedures governing the process of arrest through trial.
. Critically debate the constitutional safeguards of key amendments with specific attention to the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments.
. Describe the difference between searchers, warrantless searches, and stops.
. Use technology and information resources to research issues in the criminal procedure.
. Write clearly and concisely about the criminal procedure using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more