Won’t pay too much as it is just a discussion.
Read these instructions and select one (1) A question and one (1) B question to answer in the discussion thread in a single main post.
You are to write a minimum of 300-400 words for your main post and a minimum of 100-150 words for each response to a classmate. Always support your ideas, arguments, and comments with appropriately referenced (APA) literature, theory, and research. Respond with sufficient detail to support your position while citing specific examples and applying concepts from the course materials. Please ensure that you include in-text citations and a proper bibliographic reference for all of your sources, to include the course materials. Writing mechanics count in every post you make.
A. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. In your own words, please describe cross-contamination as it relates to forensic evidence. How can it be avoided and why is it important to do so? What is a Control Sample and why is it important to collect one? Support your rationale.
2. Your readings include information that if a weapon is collected as evidence, besides being unloaded and rendered safe, should be marked for identification in an inconspicuous place. Please answer the following: Why should the weapon be marked for identification in an inconspicuous place? Describe a situation in which you would collect a weapon for evidence but would not mark it at all. If this situation was to occur, what could you do instead? Support your rational.
3. Read the attached articles, they will help with answering the questions.
Evidence Prioritization, Packaging & Transport
A. What are the issues that affect evidence collection?
B. You respond to a late night crime scene. It is an outdoor shooting in a vehicle and of course, it is raining. The reconstruction indicates that the shooter most likely leaned against the car to shoot inside. You think that there will be prints on the outside by the passenger door. Do you process the wet vehicle at the scene or tow the vehicle to the lab to dry out in order to get a better print?
C. You respond to another crime scene, this time it is an apartment burglary. The residents were gone for the week and upon returning they found their door broken and items missing. While processing you find a fresh block of cheese on the counter with a bite mark. What do you do? Is the cheese evidence?
D. While processing a stabbing you find limited evidence. However, your partner finds what they think is a patent fingerprint in blood. What do you do with the print? It is on a surface that can’t be removed and taken as a whole to the lab.
B. QUESTIONS (select one for discussion):
1. Good report writing is a critical part of a CSI’s job. Identify and discuss the elements of a good report.
2. Criminalist Ben Baldanza is collecting evidence from the scene of a shooting. After locating the revolver suspected of firing the shots, Ben picks the gun up by the grips, unloads it, and places the ammunition in an envelope. He then attaches an identification tag to the grip. Searching the scene, Ben finds a bullet lodged in the wall. He uses pliers to grab the bullet and pull it from the wall, then inscribes the bullet with his initials and places it in an envelope. Identify and discuss any mistakes, if any, that Ben made.
3. Please review CCJS 342 Case Study Photographs (Content>Syllabus>Case Study Photographs) in PDF or presentation format. Please discuss environmental challenges in this case—to personnel, in locating evidence, and in collecting evidence. What are some ways to overcome these challenges?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more