ESSAY 3 THESIS/OUTLINE INSTRUCTIONS AND CHECKLIST
Cause and Effect Argument Essay
Topic: Effects of Social Media
In Module/ Week 6, you must develop an outline for your 1200-1500 word cause and effect argument essay that you will write in Module/Week 7. Your outline should include a clear thesis statement and a plan of support. Be sure to consider all parts identified in “The Elements of Argument (Planning a Cause and Effect Argument)” in the textbook readings, and include at least the minimum requirements listed in the chart below for this week’s assignment. Your research sources must be credible and appropriate for an academic essay. Include at least 4 quotations, 1 summary, and 1 paraphrase (6 total) into your essay from at least 3 outside sources to support your thesis statement and provide opposing arguments. Be sure to document your sources correctly according to your documentation style (Current APA, MLA, or Turabian). You may include biblical support. (Note: Wikipedia is NOT an acceptable source for academic writing.)
Cause and Effect Essay Prompt
Write a cause and effect argument in which you address the question, “How has social media impacted American culture?”
• Read “Outlining a Cause and Effect Argument” in your textbook to understand all parts in an cause and effect essay.
• Use the Questia and Jerry Falwell Library Research links in Blackboard to locate credible academic sources.
• Review the Essay 3 Thesis/Outline Grading Rubric before submitting your thesis/outline in Blackboard.
Included below is the minimum that you must include in your thesis/outline; however, taking the time to construct a complete and thorough outline will help you save time when you write your actual essay.
(Minimum) Outline Requirements Successful Needs Revision
1. Thesis statement: Makes a clear argument explaining the need to examine causes or consider effects relative to the topic.
2. Evidence: Presents points that support the thesis based on the principle (In your outline, include at least the minimum number of required paraphrases, summaries, and/or quotes from outside sources as indicated in assignment instructions.)
3. Opposing argument(s): Presents viewpoints opposing your thesis argument giving special consideration to opposition of the ethical principle. (Including the strongest opposition to refute helps build your credibility and convinces your audience to consider or adopt your position.)
4. Documentation Requirements for Outline (Include minimum number of sources required for this assignment.):
If using current APA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a References page.
If using current MLA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a Works Cited page.
If using current Turabian format, include properly formatted footnotes and Bibliography page.
When you are satisfied with the quality of your outline, post it to Blackboard. Do not forget to write your degree program and whether you are using current MLA, APA, or Turabian on the title page and in the “Submission Title” field when submitting your paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more