Hello, this is a Medsurge case. It must be in APA format. And answer each question separately.
Case Study 2
Atrioventricular Conduction Block
Charles Doucette, who is 68 years old, retired from a middle management position in the automotiveindustry following an acute myocardial infarction. He was recovering in a local hospital, where the physicians closely monitored his ECG .
Mr. Doucette’s PR intervals were normal and his QRS complexes had a normal configuration.
However, occasional P-waves occurred that were not followed by QRS complexes (nonconducted P-waves). He fainted twice in the hospital. The physicians believed that the myocardial infarction caused a block in his AV conduction system called a Mobitz type II AV block. Since Mr. Doucette’s conduction block could become more severe, his physicians planned to treat him by implanting a pacemaker.
1. Describe and explain the physiology of the waves and intervals of the normal ECG.
2. What does the PR interval on the ECG represent? What units are used to express the PR interval? What is the normal value?
3. What does the term “conduction velocity” mean, as applied to myocardial tissue? What is the normal conduction velocity through the AV node? How does conduction velocity in the AV node compare with conduction velocity in other portions of the heart?
4. How does AV nodal conduction velocity correlate with PR interval? Since Mr. Doucette’s physicians believe he has a block in his AV conduction system, why are his PR intervals normal (rather than increased)?
5. What does the QRS complex on the ECG represent? What is implied in the information that the QRS complexes on Mr. Doucette’s ECG had a normal configuration?
6. How is it possible to have a P-wave that is not followed by a QRS complex, as seen on Mr. Doucette’s ECG? Propose a mechanism to explain the P-wave that is not followed by a QRS complex.
7. Why did Mr. Doucette faint?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more