Module Four Assignment
Instructions: Write the word equations for the chemical equations below and determine the type of reaction (synthesis/combination, decomposition, single-displacement, double-displacement, or combustion).
Instructions: Write the chemical equation for the word equations below and determine the type of reaction (synthesis/combination, decomposition, single-displacement, double-displacement, or combustion).
7. Copper plus silver nitrate yields silver plus copper(I) nitrate
8. Hydrochloric acid plus calcium carbonate yields calcium chloride plus water plus carbon dioxide
9. Iron plus octasulfur yields iron(II) sulfide
10. Potassium chlorate decomposed to potassium chloride plus oxygen
11. Sodium chloride plus Fluoride yields sodium fluoride plus chloride
Instructions: Balance the following reactions.
Acids and Bases: Chemical Equations
Instructions: Predict the products of the following reactants.
Instructions: Using the gas law constant R = 0.0821 , answer the following questions.
1. If 0.89 moles of gas is at a pressure of 4.7 atm and a volume of 22 liters, what is the temperature?
2. If an unknown quantity of gas is held at a temperature of 789 K in a container with a volume of 22.0 L and a pressure of 765 torr, how many moles of gas are there?
3. 1.78 L of gas is at a pressure of 735 torr. What is the volume in liters (L) when the pressure decreases to 700.0 torr?
4. A container holds 500 mL of oxygen gas at a pressure of 1.3 atm and a temperature of 25 ˚C. If the temperature increases to 29 ˚C and the pressure increases to 2.0 atm, will the volume of the gas increase or decrease? What is the final volume of the gas in liters (L)?
5. A filled balloon has a volume of 5.6 L at 25 ˚C and it is placed into liquid nitrogen at a temperature of -78 ˚C. What is the new volume of the balloon?
6. The air all around us is a mixture of gasses containing nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, argon and water vapor. If the partial pressure of nitrogen is 1.3 atm, the partial pressure of oxygen is 1824 mmHg, the partial pressure of carbon dioxide is 247 torr, the partial pressure of argon is 0.015 atm, and the partial pressure of water vapor is 53.69 kPa. What is the total pressure in units of atmospheres (atm)?
7. Carbon dioxide is collected over water at a temperature of 35 °C. The pressure of water vapor at 35 ˚C is 42.2 torr. The pressure of the collected gas (water vapor + carbon dioxide) has a pressure of 0.789 atm, what is the pressure of the carbon dioxide in atmospheres (atm)?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more