Byrd, J., Hickman, K., & McPherson, M. (2013). Managerial Finance [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
· Chapter 9: Capital Structure
· Chapter 10: Dividend Policy
Mergent. (n.d.). Mergent Online Quick Tips Preview the document. Mergent Online. Retrieved from Online Ashford Library.
Mergent Database for Company and Industry Research.
· To access go to the Ashford Library and select “Find Articles and More” in the top menu panel. Next, select “Databases A-Z” and go to section “M” for “Mergent”.
Modigliani & Merton (1958). The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance, and the Theory of Investment. American Economic Review, 261 – 297. Retrieved from ProQuest database.
Moneychimp (Links to an external site.). (http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm)
CHOSEN FINAL PAPER TOPIC IS NIKE
Factors in Capital Budgeting Decisions
Imagine you are a representative of management in the company you have selected for your Week 6 Assignment and you must make a capital budgeting decision. The decision is to implement a new computer network system to decrease the time between customer order and delivery. The cost will be 10% of last year’s profits. You are charged with describing the important considerations in the decision-making process to upper management. In your response, be sure to include the following:
· A description of the important factors, in addition to quantitative factors, that were considered when making this capital budgeting decision.
· An explanation of how these factors are significant to the company.
· A summary of how you will determine the criteria to rank capital budgeting decisions and whether some criteria are more important than others.
· A calculation of the proposed return on investment based on criteria you select and justification for that ROI.
Develop a 200 – 250 word explanation supporting your recommendations.
Tip: For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp (Links to an external site.) (http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm)
Assessing Dividend Policy
Revisit the company you chose for your Week 6 Final Project. Using the annual report and other sources such as a 10k or 10q’s, discuss the dividend policy of your company.
Answer the following questions as part of your response:
· How would you describe your chosen company’s dividend policy?
· Why do you believe this company chose the dividend policy they have in place?
· Do you agree or disagree that they have selected the best dividend policy for the company?
· How might this dividend policy function in both perfect and imperfect capital markets?
· Calculate the dividend rate over the past 5 years. Define why you believe that it has or has not changed over the last 5 years.
Support your position with evidence from the text or external sources. Your post should be 200-250 words in length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more