4-MAT BOOK REVIEW INSTRUCTIONS
The 4-MAT BOOK REVIEW system is a way of responding to readings that requires the learner to interact with new ideas on several levels. Please use the following format in preparing 4-MAT BOOK REVIEWS:
1. Summary: Summarize what you have read as if you were the author boiling down the book into 150 to 200 tight words. Prove that you comprehend the readings by writing a no-nonsense summary.
2. Concrete responses: Get vulnerable! In 200 to 250 words, relate a personal life episode that this book connected with in your own life experience. Relate your story in first person, describing action, quoting sentences you remember hearing or saying. In the teaching style of Jesus, this is a do-it-yourself parable, case study, confession. You will remember almost nothing you have read unless you make this critical, personal connection. What video memory began to roll? This is your chance to tell your story and make new ideas found in the book your own.
3. Reflection: What new questions pop up for you in response to what you have read? Keep a rough note sheet at hand as you read. Begin with questions like, “What would I like further information on?” Where do I not agree/strongly agree with the author?” or “What bothers me/excites me about this content?” This section should be at least 200 to 250 words.
4. Application: How does information book influence how you are going to continue your own personal growth process? What actions or changes are you going to make in your life as a result of your learning? Your response here is a matter of obedience first, questions later. Be precise in summarizing your action steps (limit these comments to about 150 to 200 words).
5. Biblical Perspective: Please find and cite bible verses that support your Application
above and then EXPLAIN how you believe these verses apply giving real examples from
your life and experience.
4-MAT Review #1: Dobson (2007) chs. 1-8.
Dobson, J. (2007). Parenting isn’t for cowards. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House. ISBN: 9781414317465. Chapters 1-8
Dobson, J. (2014). The new dare to discipline. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House. ISBN: 9781414391359.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more