This module starts with Sister Callista Roy (Adaptation Model), and Betty Neuman (Systems Model). These theories view persons (families, groups, communities) as integrated wholes or integrated systems interacting with the larger environmental system. The health or well-being of the person is influenced by environmental factors. This Module concludes with nursing theories developed in the 1970’s which include Josephine Paterson and Loretta Zderad’s Humanistic Nursing Theory.
· Smith, M. C., & Parker, M. E. (2015). Nursing theories and nursing practice (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis. Chapters 10 & 11
Neuman SYSTEM MODEL is a flexible and adaptive model which can be applied to various aspect of nursing disciplines. Today, the model is used globally as nursing conceptual model to guide curriculum development, research studies, and clinical practice in full array of health-care discipline
IN THE DISCUSSION 1)Define/explain a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman system model
2)What patient population would you target in applying the model 3)How would you use this model to guide your practice ? 4)how would nursing outcomes be determined?
5)Use at least ONE CURRENT RESEARCH ARTICLE related to your practice (cited and referenced)
Power point Assignment
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Create a Power Point Presentation to discuss the following
Sgt. Eddie Johns leaned back against the chair in the outpatient orthopedic clinic. His head was killing him! He wasn’t sure which was worse, the “morning after” headache or not being able to sleep at night. At least when he had a few beers under his belt so he could catch a few hours of sleep. It had been like this since he was air evacuated back stateside from Afghanistan after the roadside bomb went off. He was thankful that he had only broken his leg in a couple of places and gotten a bad bump on the head. They called that traumatic brain injury but he didn’t know what that was and really didn’t believe them anyway. He was still thinking just fine. His friend Joe wasn’t so lucky! How was Joe going to learn to walk on those artificial legs? He was still in the hospital in Washington, DC. That was pretty far from his home. Eddie wished he could visit Joe. They had been in the same platoon for 9 months. But, Eddie was glad that he had been able to come back to his own home town for outpatient treatment. It took an hour to get here but at least he could see his girl almost every day. Sure he had moved back in with his mom but it was easier to have someone to help him get around and cook for him. It was a bummer that he couldn’t work right now. He guessed it didn’t matter much since he really didn’t have a job to go back to. He had been replaced at the plant. They said they would find something for him to do once he could get around more easily. Eddie sure hoped the doc would take the pins out of his leg today and give him a clearance to work.
· How would the use of the Roy Adaptation Model assist the nurse in planning the continuation of care for Sgt. Johns?
· Describe the influence of Roy’s Theory in guiding the nurse’s actions in promoting Sgt. Johns adjusted self-concept.
· From the perspective of the Roy Adaptation Model, why is it important for the nurse to listen to Sgt. Johns’ “story” in his own words and not just base her interactions on information from the chart, fellow colleagues, or his family?
· Based on Neuman System’s Model, identify at least 4 stressors from the case study. Create a plan of care based on Neuman Systems Model for Sgt. Johns.
Your PowerPoint should include at least 1 outside reference and your book. The presentation should be 10 to 15 slides in length. Including reference slide
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more