Touchstone 2.1: Evaluate a Source ASSIGNMENT: For this essay, you will select one of the sources you have found through your preliminary research about your research topic. Which source you choose is up to you; however, it should be substantial enough that you will be able to talk about it at length, and intricate enough that it will keep you (and your reader) interested.
The introduction of this paper will involve introducing the source: Provide the author, the title, and the context (where you found the source, where it was originally published, who sponsored it, etc.) You will then go on to evaluate the source on two levels:
Credibility: Using the information in this unit as a guide, evaluate the source’s authenticity and reliability. Look at all the information that you can find about the source to establish the author’s (or sponsor’s) trustworthiness.
Usefulness: Using a combination of summary and analysis, examine the source on a critical level. Determine what the source’s purpose (thesis) is, and how it arrives at that goal. Examine its value to you and the project you are working on. How will it help you prove your own points? How might it come in handy to back up a claim (or address a counter-claim)?
Finally, you will include a conclusion which shows your final assessments on both counts.
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Source Identification The introduction of this paper will be introducing the source:
2. ❒ Have you provided the author’s name?
3. ❒ Have you provided the source title?
4. ❒ Have you provided the context (where you found the source, where it was originally published, who sponsored it, etc.)?
5. 2. Source Evaluation
6. ❒ Have you provided a judgment on the source’s credibility?
7. ❒ Have you used specific examples from the source to illustrate your judgment on credibility?
8. ❒ Have you provided a judgment on the source’s usefulness?
9. ❒ Have you used specific examples from the source to illustrate your judgment on usefulness?
11. ❒ Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
12. ❒ Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment? B. Reflection Questions
13. DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions. What types of questions did you ask yourself when evaluating the credibility and usefulness of your source? (2-3 sentences) How do you feel this evaluation practice will help you as you continue to move through the research process? (2-3 sentences)
14. D. Requirements The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded: Composition must be 2-3 pages (approximately 500-750 words). Double-space the composition and use one-inch margins. Use a readable 12-point font. All writing must be appropriate for an academic context. Composition must be original and written for this assignment. Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited. Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition. Include all of the assignment components in a single file. Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx. E. Additional Resources The following resources will be helpful to you as you work on this assignment: Purdue Online Writing Lab’s APA Formatting and Style Guide This site includes a comprehensive overview of APA style, as well as individual pages with guidelines for specific citation types. Frequently Asked Questions About APA Style This page on the official APA website addresses common questions related to APA formatting. The “References,” “Punctuation,” and “Grammar and Writing Style” sections will be the most useful to your work in this course. APA Style: Quick Answers—References This page on the official APA Style website provides numerous examples of reference list formatting for various source types.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more