Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
1. Read this week’s ethical dilemma. What would you do? pg323
2. Vermont is an ‘at-will’ employer state. What does that mean for staff and the overall disciplinary process?
3. What method(s) of discipline does your employer, or HR dept use? Is it effective?
4. Sometimes downsizing can’t save a company. Explain.
5. What is progressive discipline and how does it work?
6. What are some of the potential problems of administering disciplinary action?
7. Describe and give examples of the ‘hot stove rule’
8. Explain “discipline without punishment”, are there circumstances when this might be an effective alternative to traditional disciplinary action?
9. Why is it critical to have, and follow, a grievance procedure?
10. Why is termination different for executives than for non-managerial staff?
11. What are the pros and cons of offering a demotion vs. termination to an employee?
12. Discuss the different types of organizational movement that staff can experience within a company.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more